//GUERILLA AD CAMPAIGN TYPE THING... I DUNNO

Sooooo... I've deviated from my original plan... again. What I was intending to do a few weeks ago was work towards creating a kind of 'Guerilla advertising campaign' for myself. This would involve creating a logo, posters etc that would lead people to something, possibly a website, with a video and some music. I think there is still time do this... hopefully I can.

Here are some examples

"Capitalising on the critical and public acclaim of ‘xx’, their label Young Turks/XL ran a shrewdly simple, ‘guerrilla’ ad campaign at the beginning of 2010. A stark black background with nothing but a single, white, sans-serif, block bold, lower case ‘x’. It made for a thoroughly distracting poster campaign on the tube (how many phones store photos of those ads I wonder?) but it was even more striking on the telly. That ‘x’ was beamed into UK living rooms for 10 silent seconds during a Skins ad break on E4 in February: quite literally cutting through the noise of the increasingly schizophrenic (by turns patronising and parodying) yoof programming."
Quoted from here








Aphex Twin's Face - Spectrographic Imagery in Music




The ghosts in the music! You hear the music(watch the video), you will...
"Recalling talk of visuals embedded in a track by electronic experimentalist Aphex Twin, Bastwood decided to take a closer look.
First I needed to extract the track from the Windowlicker CD, which was easy with CDex. The extraction of the whole track was not really necessary because the "face" is situated at the very end of the track, starting from the 5:27 mark and lasting for about 10 seconds. There are other "audio images" on this particular track as well (and one at the end of the first track), but the face is certainly the most exciting of them all.
After I had the wav-file, I used a program called Spectrogram to visualize the file. To my amazement, it worked, and I was soon staring at the 'demon' face."
Quoted from here


THERE MUST BE BETTER EXAMPLES THAN THIS. I'LL BE BACK.